Early Development Program (EDP)
This program is for youth between five and eight years old grades K-3. The program is focused on introducing kids to the sport of soccer in a fun and relaxed format.
The program takes place weekly behind Village Elementary School in York on Saturday mornings from 9:15 - 10:15 am, from early September until the end of October.
2019 EDP sessions will be held on the following dates:
September 7, 14, 21, 18 and October 5th and 19th. October 19th will be our closing day World Cup festival.
- Players will be grouped into small teams with whom they will do some fun activities and against whom they will play some friendly scrimmages.
- Teams are coached by parent volunteers who may be new to soccer or experienced players themselves. They are assisted by players from the York High School Boys and Girls soccer teams, and the weekly curriculum has been developed by experienced coaches from Seacoast United.
What kids need
- Be dressed for the weather (EDP is outdoors) with breakfast in their bellies and a full water bottle in hand.
- Wear soccer shin-guards.
- Wear sneakers (soccer cleats are helpful, but not required).
What kids will get:
- A colored jersey (that they can keep!) on the first day that should be worn on subsequent Saturdays.
- A soccer ball on the last day of the program to take home.
Send us an email if you have any questions: