Over the last two seasons the YSC Board has worked to build on this legacy. While “keeping the lights” on we’ve also had a large focus on improving our organization. We haven’t been perfect, and we’ve made mistakes, but we are truly looking to make this a great organization for the town. Just a few examples from the 2017 and 2018 YSC seasons…
· Created a vision/ mission
· Standardizing and documenting processes (sounds exciting, doesn’t it), so that new Board members can start up faster and with less churn.
· Created a board position for a York Park and Rec Member to better align the two organizations.
· Updated the logo – with your help we chose a logo that ties us to this town and to soccer.
· Established a partnership with York HS Soccer – Coaches and Varsity Boys and Girls players will be helping at our EDP program and the Harvest Cup this year! With more plans in the future…
· Continued partnership with Seacoast – a great resource that brings skills and expertise to our EDP, Summer Camp and Coaches Training.
· Launched a new website in 2017 - Improving format, flow, Harvest Cup registration and communication.
· New Uniforms – Enable us to keep the same style for longer (vs. the 3 year rotation of the major brands) and expanded to include warm up/ practice jersey’s, coaches shirts (wear them proud), YSC branded soccer balls and many other items at a fraction of the cost (w/ equal or better quality).
· Patch Program – A tool for coaches to motivate players based on the core values that the YSC promotes; Coachability/Teamwork, Good Sportsmanship/ Attitude and Playmaker/ Skill.
· Annual parent/ coach survey – at the completion of the season we canvass the YSC membership (you) to get your feedback. This feedback is reviewed and used to drive future decisions.
· Coaching Support – Training, online coaching curriculum and certification.
· Volunteer of the week – New program that gives parents/ kids/ coaches the opportunity to nominate a YSC volunteer (coach, team parent, etc.) who you think has done an amazing job (more info to come).